Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dating in 6th Grade....Really?

When I was at that magical age of beginning to swoon over boys, the thing to do was to "go together".  My dad questioned exactly where I planned on going with some boy and the answer was NOWHERE, but we were still "going together."

Now, these adept 6th graders have moved right on passed that to "dating".  Not my kiddo, just kiddos in general (thought I better mention that before anyone starts hyperventilating).  One of Missy's friends texted her this afternoon to tell her the exciting news that Richard (the new kid) asked her to go on a date.  Knowing the dad of the askee, I was curious what she told Richard.  In all of her brilliance, trying to hook him as a boyfriend and somehow let him know that she couldn't go on a date at the ripe old age of 11, she said....Well, I would if I could but I can't.

BRILLIANT!

No comments: